Admission Requirements for International Graduate Applicants
The graduate programs of study offered to international applicants who have not earned an undergraduate degree from Truman State University are Master of Accountancy, Communication Disorders, Counseling, English, Leadership, and Music. Please note that Education (MAE) is only offered to students who have earned their bachelor’s degree from Truman State University.
Once your application is complete, it will be sent to the Admissions Committee. You will then be notified of the admission decision. Please allow up to four weeks for a decision to be made. We reserve the right to request certification of any documents.
To complete your application, please upload the following to your application portal:
1. English Proficiency Test Score A minimum score on one of the following English proficiency exams is required for admission:
- TOEFL (minimum 550 paper-based, 213 computer-based, or 79 Internet-based)
- IELTS (minimum 6.0)
- SAT (minimum 450 Reading)
- ACT (minimum 22 Reading or English)
- IGCSE/GCE either English Lit or English Lang (minimum grade of “B”)
- CSEC(CXC) or CAPE English (minimum score of 2)
- IB (HL or SL): English A (minimum score of 5)
- U.S. University transfer credit (minimum grade of “A” in English Composition I or “B” in English Composition II)
- ESL at Truman: Completion of Level 9 with recommendation from The Language Company
- STEP EIKEN (minimum of Pre-1)
- MELAB (minimum 79)
- iTEP: (minimum 3.8)
- WASSCE English Language (minimum score of C6)
- Duolingo (minimum 110)
Please note: All English proficiency scores must be from the last five years! If you do not meet our English proficiency requirements, or your scores are more than five years old, you can still apply for conditional admission.
2. Original or Certified Copies of Transcripts from all High School and Universities/Colleges you have attended
- Submit official documents from all previous educational pursuits. This includes all universities. (Please note: original copies of transcripts cannot be returned to you. We strongly suggest sending certified copies instead.)
- Official copies of graduation diplomas should also be provided.
3. Certificate of Financial Support
- Certificate of Financial support
- Certificates must show at least $21,622.
4. Original or Certified Copies of Bank Documents Indicating Sufficient Financial Support
- Unless you are a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, you are required to submit satisfactory evidence of funds necessary to meet the expenses involved in your proposed program of study.
- Bank balance must show an equivalent of at least $21,622.
- Appropriate bank documents will include the following: bank statement issued within the past 6 months and a letter stating the current balance in the account along with the date the account was opened. The bank documents must be in the name of your sponsor.
5. Copy of Passport biographical information page
6. Additional Required Documents for Graduate Students
Requirements will vary depending on program choice, but may include the following:
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- GRE (Communication Disorders, English, Leadership, and Music programs) or GMAT scores (Accounting program)
- Personal Statement
Documents can be mailed to:
Truman State University
Baldwin Hall 104
100 East Normal Avenue
Kirksville, MO 63501
Please call or email us with any questions or concerns!
Office Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM CST
Phone Number: (660) 785-4215