All of the important insurance information is now online! Visit lewermark.com/truman to find brochures, plan summaries, and other useful information.
Information is provided on the LewerMark Agency website to help you through the insurance process. Printing ID cards, claim forms, and finding a new doctor are among the many services offered. Links on this site will give you the information you need throughout the school year. Please refer to this site when you have questions or needs related to your LewerMark Insurance.
International Student Support Program through LewerMark and Morneau Shepell
Being an International Student can be stressful.
The International Student Support Program is designed to help international students face the challenges of balancing school, adjusting to a new culture and adapting to their other responsibilities.
Contact Morneau Shepell 24/7
- Download the free My SSP app from your device’s app store today
- Visit us.myissp.com
- Call 1-866-743-7732
- If calling from outside North America: 001-416-380-6578
Help is available from a network of qualified professionals.
Morneau Shepell’s International Student Support Advisors can help anytime, anywhere with:
- Adapting to new cultures
- Being successful at school
- Relationships with friends and family
- Stress, sadness, loneliness and more
Students can connect with an Advisor who:
- Speaks their language
- Understands their culture
- Keeps their information confidential
- Is available 24/7 and at no cost to the student
If you need to print out a new insurance card, the instructions are as follows:
- Navigate here.
- Click on ‘STUDENT LOGIN’ at the top of the page.
- Key in your Student ID and password. (Password is your birthday by: MMDDYYYY)
- Click ‘Login’.
- Click the ‘Start Here’ icon. This icon looks like three black lines on the top left corner.
- Click on ‘Online ID Card’.
- An Adobe Reader will pop up in a new window.
- Click ‘Print’ or ‘Download’ your insurance card.
To provide additional information about a sickness or if you were involved in an accident you may be asked to submit a Claims Questionnaire. If a questionnaire is required for your condition you can find out the form here.
To submit the questionnaire you can email: email@example.com. If you need further assistance, you can also contact LewerMark Customer Service at 800-821-7710.
Students must mail or scan and email proof of their vaccinations and the completed Medical History form to the CIS at firstname.lastname@example.org before arriving to campus.
All students must meet vaccination requirements before arriving on campus.
- Two MMR (Measles, Mumps, and Rubella) Vaccinations: First MMR must be on or after the age of 12 months and the second MMR has to be given at least 30 days after the first MMR. Documentation of the required immunizations must be attached to the health center history form.
- One Meningococcal Vaccination: The Meningitis vaccine must be given after the age of 16 and within the last five years. The Meningitis vaccine should cover strains A, C, W and Y.
Students requesting medical or religious waivers should contact the Student Health Center at email@example.com. Serological titers will be required for students requesting permanent medical or religious waivers of the immunization requirements.
Mandatory Tuberculosis Testing
Truman has adopted a policy requiring Tuberculosis (TB) screening and testing for all incoming international students. All students will be tested at orientation before classes begin. If you have received a recent TB test in the United States, then there is a possibility that you will be able to use those results instead of receiving another exam. However, all decisions regarding the viability of previous testing within the United States are made by the Student Health Center. Anyone testing positive for TB will have a chest x-ray and follow-up treatment. The cost of the testing will be billed to your student account along with tuition, housing, and other fees.
Dental and vision coverage is not covered by LewerMark International Student Insurance. This means that 100% of costs for dental check-ups, removal of wisdom teeth, eye glasses, etc. must be paid by the patient.
Many students need to see a dentist or eye doctor in town while they attend Truman. Below is a list of some dentists and optometrists in Kirksville. Because medical costs can be very expensive, it is important to investigate the costs at each location before deciding where to go.
DENTISTS in Kirksville
|Kirksville Dental Group
1916 N. Baltimore (in Northtown Center)
|Crown Dental Group
1310 Crown Dr.
|Jodie L. Gordon, D.D.S.
1525 N. New St.
|Northeast Missouri Health Council Dental Clinic
402 W. Jefferson
OPTOMETRIST (VISION) in Kirksville
1702 N. Baltimore Street